April 17, 2011

How prince Arthas proves he loves me not - Part 1

Just like every WoW player who was around by the Lich King expansion, I was desperate to kill Arthas.

Truth be told, I was sad I wasn't playing in Burning Crusade times, because I happen to like Illidan more than I like Arthas.

But still, I wanted the thrill of defeating the final boss of the expansion, and Arthas is a very cool character nonetheless (I swear! It's not just because he's now threatening to raise me as Scourge...). I had studied his fight. I had farmed my equipment. I had a guild running to him three days a week. I was ready.

.... Well, I thought I was. See, when you're a healer, people depend on you. They don't need you to be just good, they need you to be GREAT. Truth is I was low-geared, I had been raiding only for a short time, and the guildies didn't really know me well. So, when I finally got my first chance to run across the great tower in Icecrown, I was exultant to see him face to face. I even took a photo sitting on his lap (oh come on! Don't tell me you've never done that!).

And then, the whisper. "We're replacing you, ok?". I wanted to SCREAM. WHY, OH WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS TO MEEEEEE!

I was a good girl. I answered "Ok, I understand" and was booted. With a murder wish even though I'm a healer at heart, but still.

As I left, I could swear I could hear Arthas laughing his lungs out at me, and repeating the most re-used quote-as-joke in the history of WoW:

Well, at least I managed to somehow keep my mental sanity intact.
... *Looks at the BFF Bimbo Bosses* Well, maybe not so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment